Ho Chi Minh City Open University.
Level 1, 97 Vo Van Tan Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
Mr. Thang Nguyen was awarded a Master of Arts in Development Economics in 2018 by the Vietnam-Netherlands Programme.
Thang presented findings from his research at various conferences, including the 10th Vietnam Economist Annual Meeting, Vietnam’s Business and Economics Research Conference, and 4th International Conference on China’s Rise and Internationalization.
Thang’s research has been published in various peer-reviewed journals including Emerging Markets Finance and Trade; The North American Journal of Economics and Finance; Journal of Risk and Financial Management and Borsa Istanbul Review.
Thang’s current research interests are on Asset Pricing, Development Finance and Inequality.
Mr. Thang can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asset Pricing
- Development Finance
June 2018 – June 2020: Grant from HCMC Open University for the project Financial development and inequality nexus: A new approach, VND 150 million [Chief Investigator].
- Nguyen Cong Thang (2019), Gender-based Inequality in Income & Wealth in household in Vietnam: Practice and Policy Implications, Thanh Nien Publishing House, Vietnam.
- Thang C. Nguyen, Tan N. Vu, Trung T. Do, Vuong M. Nguyen and Duc H. Vo (2019) “Systematic Risk in the Asia Pacific Region: A Clinical Death?” Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies [ISI].
- Thang C. Nguyen, Anh T. Vo, Thach N. Pham, Trung T. Do, and Duc H. Vo (2019) “Gender-based attitudes toward income inequality in the Asia-Pacific region”, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 2019 [SSCI, IF of 0.84].
- Duc H. Vo, Thang C. Nguyen, and Anh T. Vo (2019) “What factors affect income inequality and economic growth in middle-income countries?”, Journal of Risk and Financial Management, [ISI].
- Duc H. Vo, Phuc V. Nguyen, Ha M. Nguyen, Anh T. Vo, and Thang C. Nguyen (2019) “Derivatives market and economic growth nexus: Policy implications for emerging markets”, The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 2019, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.najef.2018.10.014, [SSCI, Impact Factor of 1.2].
- Duc H. Vo, Thach N. Pham., Trung V. T. Pham, Loc M. Truong, and Thang C. Nguyen (2018) “Risk, return and portfolio optimization for various industries in the ASEAN region”, Borsa Istanbul Review, 2018 [ISI].
- Duc H. Vo, Thang C. Nguyen, Chi M. Ho, and Anh T. Vo (2018). “Gender-based income inequality and provincial economic growth in Vietnam” Journal of Science, Vol. 63(6), pp. 43-55, November 2018.